we believe you should only pay for what has been helpful
We believe you should only pay for what has been helpful, so we only bill our clients after a significant amount of work on your mortgage has already been done. We typically expect the payment once the application has been submitted.
It is only at application stage that we would charge our fee, typically £495.
This fee covers processing the application, liaising on your behalf with the lender and the solicitors. This helps to ensure the process goes smoothly and all parties work together towards the desired completion date.
In detail, a "significant amount of the work" means that we have completed the following stages:
1. Spoken to you and identified that we can assist
2. Help a detailed consultation where we have completed a full confidential fact-find to ensure we have all the information to enables us to make a recommendation.
3. Undertaken the necessary research to establish which products would be suited to you and, perhaps more importantly, which lenders meet your criteria
4. This search takes into account standard mortgages products, those available only through brokers, our own exclusive products, and those available through private banking institutions
5. Presented our findings and provided you with detailed advice
6. Produced a European Standardised Information Sheet (ESIS) document which details the costs involved and monthly payments
7. Approached the lender and obtained an Agreement in Principle subject to full underwriting and valuation, where this is possible
8. Obtained all the necessary documentation from you required by the lender and checked for inconsistencies
9. A full mortgage application has been completed and submitted to the lender